10 July 2015

Friday Fifteen: Marion Ueckermann

Friday Fifteen: Fifteen books which have influenced your life or your writing. Today, a warm welcome to Marion Ueckermann, who was part of the SPLASH! novella collection, which I recently reviewed.


Welcome, Marian!

1 & 2. Francine Rivers and Liz Curtis Higgs

I love not only these two women’s writing style, but the kind of stories they write, too. They have definitely influenced the way I put words together.

3. Mary DeMuth

I’ve loved reading Mary’s books. It was a great blessing to attend a writers’ mini-conference she hosted in South Africa and to be inspired by her.

4. Brandilyn Collins

Brandilyn's road to publication has been an encouragement and inspiration to my own publishing journey. She’s a great writer and her Seatbelt Suspense stories are always hard to put down.

5-8. Max Lucado, Gene Edwards, Ted Dekker & Frank Peretti

The first Christian story I read, were penned by these gents. They instilled a passion in me for reading Christian fiction. Max Lucado's books are not only great reads, but have so much wisdom for daily living.


9. Eric Wilson

When I first started writing, Eric took the time to give me advice. He's one of my favorite authors to read.

10. Nicholas Sparks

Yes, I do read secular from time to time, and when I do, I'll turn to a Nicholas Sparks romance for an enjoyable escape.


11. Shirley Corder (Strength Renewed)

Shirley has been a resounding voice of caution and mentorship for many years.

12. Judith Robl (As Grandma Says)

Judith is another wonderfully sweet voice of encouragement, and one that's always ready to Beta read my manuscripts.

13. Nancy Kimball (Chasing the Lion)

Through critique and praise, this amazing author has pushed me to strive for perfection in my writing. I thank her for every positive and negative response. I'm a huge fan of her work, too, and cannot wait for the next release in her series.


14. Valerie Comer (Farm Fresh Romance)

Working with Valerie on the SPLASH! boxed set has been nothing short of amazing. She has so much knowledge to impart, and does so eagerly. Her influence has definitely steered this publishing road I'm on into a direction I'd never dreamed of.

15. Heidi McCahan (Unraveled & Covering Home)

As one of my critique partners, Heidi plays almost a daily role in my life, encouraging, advising, and strengthening my writing. Heidi is an awesome writer and I relish getting her weekly subs in my mail box.

Thank you, Iola, for the opportunity to take fifteen minutes to reflect on fifteen authors who have influenced me in some way. I really enjoyed giving thought to this. I definitely could have added more names to the list.

About Marion Ueckermann

Marion Ueckermann’s passion for writing was sparked in 2001 when she moved to Ireland with her husband and two sons. Since then she has published devotional articles and stories in Winners, The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Chicken Soup for the Soul: Miraculous Messages from Heaven. Published novellas include Helsinki Sunrise and Oslo Overtures (August 2015) from White Rose Publishing (Pelican Book Group, Passport to Romance series), and Orphaned Hearts. Marion loves writing contemporary inspirational romances set in novel places. She lives in South Africa in an empty nest with her husband and their crazy black Scottie, Wally.

Website: http://marionueckermann.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Marion.C.Ueckermann
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00KBYLU7C
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+MarionUeckermannAuthor/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ueckie
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ueckie/

No comments:

Post a Comment